Missouri River Bridge: What to Expect This Weekend
Work to switch traffic on the westbound Route 54/63 bridge over the Missouri River in Jefferson City to the eastbound bridge so the westbound structure can be painted will begin at 7 p.m. Friday.
The full closure of the westbound bridge is expected before rush hour either Monday, May 2 or Tuesday, May 3, depending on weather conditions.
Click here for more information on what to expect leading up to the closure.
Tools Available to Help Bridge Commuters
MoDOT offers a
a variety of tools to help bridge commuters stay informed. (MORE)
Westbound Missouri River Bridge Maintenance Webpage
If you would like to receive periodic email updates on this project, please enter your email address below:
Repairs in Store for Lamine River Bridges
Project Will Have Major Impact on I-70 Travel
Both the eastbound and westbound bridges that carry Interstate 70 over the Lamine River west of Boonville will be repaired this summer under a contract awarded yesterday by the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission. The $3.8 million contract was awarded to APAC-Missouri of Columbia.
Work on the project will begin in early June and will eventually reduce I-70 traffic to one lane in each direction. However, the work requiring the full bridge closures and head-to-head traffic on I-70 will not start until after the Fourth of July and will be completed before Labor Day. The entire project is scheduled for completion in November. (MORE)
Lamine River Bridge Repairs Webpage
Columbia I-70 Bridges
Traffic Impacts Week of April 25
- Creasy Springs Road at Business Loop will close for 15 days starting at 7 a.m. on Tuesday, April 26 to coincide with the opening of the new roundabout on Business Loop to the north of I-70.
- In addition, the eastbound Interstate 70 off-ramp at Business Loop will be closed for 10 days beginning at 7 a.m. on Monday, April 25 so the ramp can be widened.
- Drivers will need to use city streets to get around the closures.
Traffic Impacts Week of May 2
- Range Line Street at I-70 will be closed for 20 days beginning May 3, with I-70 eastbound traffic being switched to the new bridge over Range Line the night of May 2.
- While the off-ramps at the interchange and the eastbound I-70 on ramp will remain open, drivers will only be able to make right turns as there will be no through lane open on Range Line.
- In addition, the westbound I-70 on ramp at the interchange will be closed. Drivers will need to take Vandiver Drive to Providence to access I-70.
- The closure will allow the contractor, Emery Sapp and Sons, to build a “dogbone” interchange at Range Line and I-70. The interchange, sometimes called a double roundabout interchange, will consist of two tear-shaped roundabouts that join together to form a single roundabout. Video animations showing both the old and new Range Line interchange can be found on the project website at www.modot.org/ColumbiaBridges.
Road Work Ahead
Mid-May - The new bridge at Garth will be slid into place.
- Early June - Business Loop at I-70 will be closed for 45 days to build a dual-lane roundabout on the south side of I-70 and to reconstruct Business Loop where it crosses under I-70.
Visit www.modot.org/ColumbiaBridges for complete information on pedestrian impacts.
View construction progress and traffic flow
Business Loop and Rangeline - http://sapp.fullstreamwireless.com/
Garth - http://oxblue.com/open/modot/cams
For more information or to sign up for weekly e-mail updates, visit the project website at: www.modot.org/ColumbiaBridges
Lafayette Street Interchange Project
Scheduled Work During the Week of April 25 (please note that all activities and schedules are weather permitting): Contractors will continue work on the MSE walls south of Route 50/63 at Jackson Street and are also working on eastbound Route 50/63 bridge over Lafayette.
NOTE: There will be periodic lane closures in the driving lane of eastbound Route 50/63 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday, April 24 thru Saturday, April 30 from Monroe St. to Chestnut St.
Helpful Links :
Lafayette Interchange Website
First of Two Boone County Bridge Replacements Underway
Work to replace the Bonne Femme Creek bridge on the Route 63 Outer Road in Boone County is underway. The new bridge, located south of Bonne Femme Church Road, will be wider than the current bridge and will also have new concrete barrier curbs and guardrail.
The road will be closed between Bonne Femme Church Road and Missouri Route 163 until July to accommodate the bridge replacement. (MORE)
DETOUR INFORMATION (Click to Zoom):
Bonne Femme Detour Flyer (PDF)