Westbound Missouri River Bridge at Jefferson City
to Close Early to Mid-April
The Missouri Department of Transportation is reminding motorists that the westbound bridge carrying Routes 54/63 over the Missouri River in Jefferson City will be closed for painting and deck repairs for about four months beginning in early to mid-April.
The eastbound bridge will remain open and will be striped to carry two lanes of eastbound and two lanes of westbound traffic.
In addition to the bridge closure, all access ramps from Route 54/63 to West Main Street, the eastbound on-ramp from McCarty St. to Route 54/63, and the westbound on-ramp from Route W to Route 54/63 will be closed. Speed limits will also be reduced on and near the bridge. (MORE)
Westbound Missouri River Bridge Maintenance Webpage
If you would like to receive periodic email updates on this project, please enter your email address below:
Columbia I-70 Bridges
Expected traffic impacts week of Feb. 15
- Rangeline Street is reduced to one lane in each direction until mid-March while the contractor builds the new eastbound I-70 bridge and retaining walls at Rangeline.
- The left southbound lane will be closed from south of Vandiver Drive to south of the eastbound I-70 off-ramp. The right northbound lane will be closed from south of the eastbound I-70 on-ramp to the westbound I-70 off-ramp.
- As a result, there will be no access to northbound Rangeline from eastbound I-70. All other ramp movements will remain open.
- A diagram showing the traffic flow is available on MoDOT’s website - www.modot.org/central.
- NOTE: The sidewalk between the westbound off-ramp and eastbound on-ramp at Business Loop will remain closed for several months.
Other upcoming traffic impacts
- Motorists will encounter periodic lane restrictions at Garth between the last entrance to Bob McCosh Chevrolet and Texas Avenue for the next week while the contractor, Emery Sapp and Sons, builds retaining walls for the new eastbound bridge over Garth. Crews will flag traffic through the area.
Public Meeting Set for Feb. 23
- MoDOT will hold a public meeting to share information about the changes in store at the Business Loop 70 interchange. The open-house style meeting will be held from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 23 at the offices of Emery Sapp and Sons, 2301 I-70 Drive NW, Columbia, Mo. Representatives from MoDOT, Emery Sapp and Parsons Transportation Group will be available to answer questions about the project, its construction schedule and traffic impacts. In addition to the new bridge at the Business Loop interchange, dual-lane roundabouts will be built on the north and south sides of I-70 to move traffic better and faster. (MORE)
View construction progress and traffic flow
Business Loop and Rangeline - http://sapp.fullstreamwireless.com/
Garth - http://oxblue.com/open/modot/cams
Helpful Links: Columbia I-70 Bridges Project Website
Lafayette Street Interchange Project
Scheduled Work During the Week of Feb. 15 (please note that all activities and schedules are weather permitting): Contractors will continue work on the eastbound U.S. Route 50/63 bridge over Lafayette Street and will be working on footings for a sound wall adjacent to Route 50/63 eastbound lanes between Monroe Street and Lafayette Street.
In addition, all lanes of Route 50/63 will be closed intermittently during blasting operations which will occur between 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. Monday thru Friday from Monroe St. to Chestnut St. There will be intermittent lane closures on eastbound Route 50/63 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday thru Friday from Monroe St. to Chestnut St. for cleanup after the operations.
Helpful Links :
Lafayette Interchange Website