Route C Over Tick Creek to Remain
Closed Due to Flood Damage
Missouri Route C over Tick Creek in Phelps County will remain closed for several weeks due to extensive damage as a result of last week’s flooding.
Floodwaters washed away part of the low water crossing and the road is unsafe to cross. MoDOT is working to determine the best and fastest way to fix the bridge. MoDOT wishes to thank travelers for their patience while repairs are made.
The Missouri Department of Transportation will hold an online public meeting from Nov. 18-30 for painting and deck repairs to the westbound Route 54 bridge over the Missouri River in Jefferson City. The project is scheduled to begin in spring of 2016. Your input is valuable, please visit the web link below for more information.
Public meeting link:
Columbia I-70 Bridges Update
Expected traffic impacts week of Nov. 30
- No lane closures will be required on I-70 or Rangeline unless maintenance issues arise.
Helpful Links: Columbia I-70 Bridges Project Website
Lafayette Interchange Project Update
Scheduled Work During the Week of November 30 (please note that all activities and schedules are weather permitting): The contractor (Emery Sapp and Sons) will be pouring bridge approach slabs, pavement approaches and pavement west and east of bridge ends on the westbound U.S. Route 50/63 bridge over Lafayette Street.
Current Traffic Impacts:
- Both westbound lanes of Route 50/63 near Lafayette Street have been opened and traffic is being diverted down the new Lafayette off ramp. Traffic will continue across Lafayette Street, travel up the new Lafayette on ramp and back onto westbound 50/63. Motorists will not have access to Lafayette Street from the bypass. This traffic configuration is anticipated to remain in place until June of 2016.
- Due to the new westbound configuration, the on ramp from Clark Avenue to westbound 50/63 is anticipated to remain closed until June of 2016.
- The eastbound lanes of 50/63 will also be reduced to eleven feet through the work area near Lafayette Street. This alignment is scheduled to remain in place until the end of this year.
- Two lanes will be open in each direction on 50/63 during the work, but traffic may move slower than normal during peak travel times. Motorists are encouraged to seek other routes, if possible. For a map of the new traffic configuration on Route 50/63, please click below:
Route 50/63 Lafayette Traffic Diagram
Two lanes will be open in each direction on 50/63 during the work, but traffic may move slower than normal during peak travel times. Motorists are encouraged to seek other routes, if possible.
Helpful Links :
Lafayette Interchange Website